Choosing the right flooring material for your bathroom can be tricky. You need to choose a material that’s aesthetically pleasing and consistent with the rest of your bathroom’s visual design, and that’s capable of withstanding the bathroom environment — mainly, regular exposure to heat and moisture. Keeping this in mind, you’ll find that vinyl flooring is a perfect fit.
Seven Benefits of Using Vinyl Flooring in the Bathroom
- Vinyl flooring is extremely durable. As long as it’s been properly installed, you can expect your vinyl flooring to last between 10 and 20 years, even in a bathroom environment where it’s exposed to heat and moisture on a regular basis.
- Vinyl flooring is water-resistant. The bathroom is a space in which you can expect your floors to experience contact with moisture on a regular basis. When properly installed, vinyl flooring is practically impervious to water penetration. This means that you won’t have to worry about potential water damage or rot, as is the case with wood flooring.
- Vinyl flooring is easy to maintain. Vinyl flooring is very easy to clean. All you’ll need to do is mop the floor on a semi-regular basis to keep it clean.
- Vinyl flooring is comfortable. Unlike tiles, vinyl flooring won’t get ice cold underfoot during the winter. This is because it’s a much more effective insulator. It’s also softer to the touch than both tile and wood, which is a huge advantage since you’ll likely be walking across your bathroom floor in bare feet regularly.
- Vinyl flooring has a versatile aesthetic. You’ll be able to choose from an almost unlimited selection of colors and patterns, which means matching your bathroom’s existing style won’t be difficult. In fact, you can even install vinyl flooring in the bathroom that looks like tile or wood without having to deal with any of the drawbacks.
- Vinyl flooring isn’t slippery. Vinyl flooring has the ability to wick away water (one of the reasons it’s so water-resistant). It’s also safer to use in the bathroom area since it’s less slippery when exposed to water, unlike other materials, such as stone or ceramic tile.
- Vinyl flooring is easily replaceable. Vinyl flooring is easy to install, which means it won’t be difficult to replace if needed. However, you can also install vinyl tiles instead of sheets, so in the rare event that part of your bathroom’s vinyl floor is damaged, you can just replace individual tiles.
These are seven of the major reasons why vinyl flooring is such a good fit for your bathroom space. For more information about installing vinyl flooring in the bathroom, including luxury vinyl flooring options, contact Flooring Liquidator today.